Monday, August 30, 2010

I'M PRETTY SURE I'M THE NEW POSTER CHILD


No weight loss for 3 weeks. WTF! It is like someone has slammed the brakes on my weight loss train and my face is smashed against the dashboard. I have been losing the battle against head hunger but it is not crazy cheating so there should be at least an ounce or two. I'm back at the gym so I should be burning some calories there. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'm terrified of going back to the doc with 0 weight loss when they expect me to lose 5 pounds a month. I don't want to be the one and only lap band failure. Send Prayers please

3 comments:

  1. I hate to say this, but I know people who have plateaued for months and are now back on the losing path (or at goal!). It is a hard place to be and I would suggest that this is the time you need to see the doctor the most. You don't want to lose any more time - you will feel even worse if you haven't lost in two months and the cycle will just get worse and worse (at least that is my problem).

    Don't think of yourself as a failure!! You have just hit a bump in the road and like most people you need some assistance. My NP says plateaus are a fact of life and you have to make sure you have a plan or ask for help when it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a band failure too. I haven't blogged because I am so ashamed! It sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, thank for following my blog! You'll get through this plateau!

    ReplyDelete