Sunday, August 8, 2010

DISAPPEARING ACT


I apologize for my recent disappearance. I promise I have not abandoned you ladies who have become my friends, allies and support system. I have just totally had my hands full working on our annual BBQ Cook off. However; just one more week and this thing will be done. I wish you could all attend because I would love to share this with all of you.
In other disappearing news I am officially 20 lbs down since surgery. Yay Me! (in my best London Tipton impression). I am still on full liquids although I have bent the rules a bit and eat chili and a few other chunky soups I should have blended. Just one more week of full liquids. I get my second fill on Friday - which will entail being on full liquids for 2 days after that and then something I can actually chew. Strangely, I am craving salad the most which won't be on my soft foods list but I can't wait to have one.
In the past 2 weeks have had had loads of nsv's - which have meant even more to me than the pounds on the scale (amazing for a scale whore like myself; who will sometimes weigh as many as 3 times a day - pathetic, I know).
nsv 1. Lots of people have noticed and commented on my weight loss. I notice that my second chin has disappeared, and my neck is thinner and my tummy a little flatter.
nsv 2. I have gone down a clothing size - yeehaw! And I'm probably not far from going down another one. My shorts are hanging off of me in a very unflattering way but I really don't want to invest in summer clothes with the summer so close to and end - because they will be too big for me by next summer. I did have to purchase 2 pair of shorts to wear with my park foundation shirts for the cook-off next week-end but that is all I intend to spend.
nsv 3. this is by far the biggest nsv. A male co-worker that I have not worked with in the past 5 weeks told me how fantastic I looked. His comment was besides the weight loss your expression just looks lighter and you look years younger. Wow! that blew me away. He told me that I almost looked like I was in pain before I left to have my surgery. --- After considering that and thinking back - he was so true. I felt trapped because even though I had lost the weight I needed to to have the surgery I plateaued and I was feeling trapped in my fat body. I was also working through the whole quit smoking thing which was painful. (And I still crave a cigarette at least 2 times daily). Plus I hadn't had a vacation in a year and was in bad need of one. -- since returning to work I just feel happier, like their is hope in my life once again.
The only issue I continue to deal with is drowsiness on a daily basis - but I'm told that is still my body's response to recovering from surgery and that too shall pass. Wow what an amazing journey this is turning out to be - I'm excited. How about You?

7 comments:

  1. Great work!! You are doing awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I read right -- you are still on full liquids and you are about to have your second fill? Wow! Since I think I just entered Bandster Hell, I'm a bit envious! LOL!

    Seriously -- congrats on your NSVs! Sounds like you are really working the band. Good for you! And good luck on your BBQ cook off. That sounds like it ought to be a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job! *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second fill?! Geez woman, you're flying past me! Great though! I'm happy for you and your NSVs!!! Keep up the great work!! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great NSV's and the WL- CONGRATS!!! Mmmmm BBQ!!!

    I've given you a Blog award...see tomorrow's (8/12) Blog to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete