Sunday, August 22, 2010

IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL?


BBQ Cook-off finally over and school starting tomorrow so I should be back on track and keeping up with all my blogger buddies now. Also a great big welcome to my 2 new followers - send me a link to your blogs if you are blogging so I can follow you too.
So on the thirteenth I got another 3 ccs in my 10 cc realize band; which puts me at a little over halfway full. The problem is I felt more restriction when I just had the 3 ccs than I do now. I also finally got to start eating real food and once again I feel hungry like 1 1/2 hours after I eat. I'm not eating for at least 3 hours after I last ate but I feel like I'm starving for that 1 1/2 hours that I'm waiting. I'm trying to work through is it real hunger or head hunger?
Other things I'm working through are since I've started real food I haven't lost any pounds. I keep going back and forth between 189 and 192 - I'd really like to be solidly in the 180s. I'm trying hard to not let the scale depress me too much and just concentrate on working the band and following through with the things that I should be doing - eating slowly, chewing well, drinking plenty of water etc. I logically know that I'll hit little plateaus along the way but it is still a little disheartening.
My biggest issue at this time; and I hope I can get some advice from the experienced bandsters here, is that for the past 2 days I've had a constant burning like heartburn and constant belching. What is going on? Has my band already slipped? AAAGGHHH??? or do I just have a lot of gas? I did have salad the past 3 days-- maybe my body is not used to the roughage. I'm playing with idea of maybe I should go back to full liquids for a few days and see if things straighten out.
Let me just share with you that our BBQ Cook-off went extremely well. We had 110 BBQ teams compete. The judging tent that I co run with my fellow board member Sandra (the best person ever to work with) went extremely smoothly this year. I was so pleased. Don't know the total profit we made yet until all the math is done - probably by Sept. but I do know we made $45,000 on the auction alone and our beer sales were up this year. When our headline band started playing - we were selling 7 cases of beer ever 5 minutes. All in all I think we had a successful event this year (translated: we threw a hell of party). We did have one very disgruntled team this year - but they came in not happy with things (at which time they were offered a full refund of their entry fee if they wished to not participate due to their unhappiness) and we just couldn't seem to please them all weekend. We had 40 other teams on a wait list to participate --- so I don't think we'll be having that team back next year.
Sending much love and good band vibes out to all of you. Kisses

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool event! Keep a close eye on the heartburn and don't let it go on unchecked...let your Doc know and they can give you an Rx to kill the acid (nip it in the bud quickly though, because damage can take several months to heal...yes, months). Heartburn is THE most common side-effect of Banding and generally it gets worse the tighter you get. When I had my partial unfill (read 2 full cc's out...hey, come to think of it, my problem started with BBQ ribs LOL) the heartburn stopped immediately. I'm now of the belief that if I can keep just enough restriction to help me without causing the heartburn, then that's what I'll be shooting for. Best wishes...oh, and it looks to me like the whole blog showed up...or maybe you edited it back in?! -BG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say hello, and I just started following you. Here is a link to my blog.
    http://wimeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete