Friday, July 16, 2010

CASUAL CONVERSATION


First I need to apologize to all my blogger buddies - don't feel neglected if I haven't made a comment recently - I am reading you - all of you - you are all a great motivation in my battle and to meet so many strong people is amazing. I, however, am just having a hard time keeping up with blogs at the moment because as well has having a full time job, I am on the board of directors for the Park Foundation in my Hicktown and this is the time of year for our fundraiser.
I am busier than a blow up doll at a Frat party. We have a huge BBQ Cook-off yearly and I'm trying to pull together enough judges to pull this thing off.
Lola said 198.4 yesterday - Yay me! I am down 15 pounds since surgery and 25 pound since Jan. And I have entered the all fabulous onederland. I know this is a monumental moment for many of you to reach. For me not so much - this is where the longest part of my journey begins. I have at least 70 pounds to go from here to reach a healthy weight.
I still haven't dragged my happy ass back to the gym yet. I need someone to make me. I really am having guilt over not being able to motivate myself to get up and go to the gym. Maybe after this whole BBQ thing is over I can get back into a routine.
Thank You followers - I'm up to 35 - Wow! I never thought I'd be there. Feel free to send me tips on a more interesting blog if you like. I certainly don't want to be boring you guys.
So, I'm busy, I'm losing and besides the guilt of not working out I feel very positive right now and am not regretting my decision to be banded. I know I am just riding the wave of a huge initial weight loss and that this will slow and even stall at times. But I think I am over the fear of being a failure at this because so many of you have been a brilliant success - I know it will work.

3 comments:

  1. Go to the gym. How about we make a pact? I'll go tonight and at least once this weekend if you go too? YOU are a brilliant success in my eyes. You are losing weight and are in Onederland. Props to you, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is important to find exercise that you enjoy. For me, that isn't in the gym. I much prefer walking, hiking, cycling, etc. I walk every morning for about 30 minutes and it isn't a chore. I never think about skipping it. In fact if I ever am NOT able to for some reason, I am dissappointed. Is there something else you'd rather do? Gyms aren't for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the 100's not being too special for us (should I go out on a limb and assume "shortys"?). I was nanded just under 200. I have a long way to go still, but I will get there and so will you. It looks as if you are making good progress!

    ReplyDelete