Tuesday, July 6, 2010

BELCHING.

OMG I have been belching like a truck driver. I'm still on clear liquids (with 9 more days to go)
and every time I drink something I have this horrifying bellowing belch. I'm telling you I could pull into any redneck truck driver bar and belly up to the bar with the rest of those guys and win a belching contest. I certainly hope this ladylike behavior is only temporary.


On the pain front, I'm doing great I have one spot in my lower left abdomen that is about an inch in diameter that is a constant dull ache and occasionally I have a sharp pain right there for a moment and then it passes. Does anyone know what this is associated with?


I decided I was ready to venture out for a bit longer walk today so I walked to our mailbox which is about 1/4 mile from the house. Halfway to the mailbox I realize I did not bring the damn cell phone and what if I can't make it there and back. Then I have this image of myself in my head sitting on the side of the road waiting for someone to realize I haven't come back to the house (and waiting and waiting) but I did fine. I had to stop a few times to rest but I made it.

I totally miss going to the gym and hate even more that I am paying for it and am not there but I'm just not at that point yet. I am getting bored sitting around the house but every time I try to shower I get dizzy. I manage to get my body scrubbed but can't make it long enough for a good hair washing. I may just have to get my hairdresser to wash my hair tomorrow so that I feel presentable enough to get out and about for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. Crap! I just wrote this great response and then lost it. So, I'll try to re-create.

    Belching: Me too! Today is my 4-week bandiversary and my family says that every time I open my mouth, the windows rattle! It's really embarrassing sometimes. I have heard suggestions of everything from a) gas from the surgery to b) it means I have restriction. But, I haven't even had a fill, yet, so I'm not sure. Whatever it is, you're not alone.

    I also had the pain in my lower left abdomen. It almost felt like a pulled muscle. I have an appointment for my first follow-up (and hopefully a fill) with my surgeon tomorrow. I will ask him about it and let you know.

    Cheers!
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete