Sunday, June 20, 2010

APRIL SHOWERS


Yesterday evening My son and my husband went fishing as part of my DHs father's day celebration. DD and I had just finished watching a movie; around 9:00 pm, when I heard a noise that sounded like the shower running. I asked DD "Do you hear water running/" she replied "Yea DS is in the shower" "No " I replied "He went fishing with dad"
DD proceeds to bathroom to prove me wrong
Next I hear a loud scream "MOM~!!!!!! Oh No Come Here" I enter my bedroom to a pipe spewing water from under bathroom sink. Water at this time is ankle deep and fast approaching bedroom. AHH!!! I tried to shut water off under sink but I was unable to turn the knob and the pipe, naturally, is spewing hot water. I have a slight burn on my knee where I knelt on floor to attempt water shut off.
I frantically call DH to ask where outside water shut for the house is - DD frantically calling my mother to come help us. So DH tells me the water shut off is under the house - WHAT!?! - so now I am outside sliding under the house - with the cell phone to my ear trying follow DH's instructions to water shut off (and of course the only working flashlight we have is with DH and DS).
I finally got water shut off - DH tells me they are on their way home.
DD and I spend next hour with my mom cleaning up water in bathroom and bedroom and throwing out all the water logged debris from under the bathroom sink - (including several hairstyling electronics -WAHH!!!)
SO DHs father's day fishing ruined after one hour of fishing and father's day spent fixing broken pipe alone since I had to work.
SORRY BABE - WE ALL LOVE YOU THOUGH.
DD, age 10, did make DH pancakes for breakfast this morning
I would have loved to have last night on tape - DD and I had to look like a 3 stooges film minus a stooge. ha ha ha

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an event filled day. It could've been much worse...it could have been Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. That sucks! Well, if anything it will give you a good story to tell in the years to come. :)

    ReplyDelete