Wednesday, June 30, 2010

D DAY AND THE BRA CONSPIRACY


I just finished with my surgeon visit. Nicotine screen negative. And amazingly my weight was exactly on target. AND I'M HAVING SURGERY TOMORROW!!!!!! Yay Me ! I have finally officially gotten excited about my surgery tomorrow. I have been smiling from ear to ear. So lap band in the a.m. and Dr. Reis plans on doing a hernia repair also. I am so happy right this minute. So You guys probably won't hear from me tomorrow but look for a word or two on Friday.

Now on to the important stuff - I own four Victoria Secret's bras. All of which were purchased on the same day. This weekend everyone that I put on had an under wire poking through the fabric within hours of me putting in on. There is nothing worse than that damn wire poking you under the arm. It feels like someone is poking you with a nail. The final bra decided to bite the dust on Monday while I was in a classes. I had to sit for 2 hours with that wire poking me. Finally when we got to a break I went into the bathroom and yanked the wire all the way out. I'm sure I was lopsided for the rest of the day but I was definitely more comfortable.

I am currently working at taking said bras apart at the seams and examining them with a magnifying glass. I am certain there is a microchip and a firing pin that caused them all to self destruct on a pre-set date. I swear it is a Victoria's Secret conspiracy - because they did not self destruct until after the semi annual bra sale had concluded.

I really wanted to purchase new bras during the sale but my friends convinced me that I was going to be losing weight so I should wait to invest in bras after I had shrunk a size or two. Now look at me I am officially left with one bra that is ancient. I'm afraid it will turn to dust when I put it on and the lovely one I am currently wearing that is all lace and frills; and has about as much support as a rubber band. So I guess I will be spending Friday doing something about the bra crisis ( not to be confused with the Cuban missile crisis - but close).

Cross your fingers for tomorrow as I cross the threshold into Bandster Hell.

4 comments:

  1. Here you go....SO excited for you!!!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck...we'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Welcome to bandland!!! I can't wait for the day that I will be able to buy and wear a Victoria's Secret Bra!!! Best of luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to hear how it all goes! i know you'll do great!!! and as far as VS-i coulda told you there was something subversive and evil about all those skinny chicks in scraps of nuthin'! btw-got some great bras at jcpenney recently... will check back soon!

    ReplyDelete