Friday, June 11, 2010

Thoughtless

Wow! I have 2 followers and I have not even posted anything, - Scarey for me because I haven't even really decided whether ot not I am going to blog about my banding or not. Don't know if I will find the time. I'm having a time just keeping up reading all the wonderful blogs I'm already following and doubt very seriously I have the fabulous wit to be anywhere near as entertaining as most of you. In fact I can't even figure out how to get all those fabulous backgrounds you have on your blogs.

So a little about me - I am 47 years old, married with 2 beautiful children DS is 12 and DD is 10 (both of whom are now entering the wonderful world of pre-teen attitude). I live in a small town in Texas. With 3 dogs, a varying number of barn cats, 2 fish and a snake. I was a skinny girl up until I had my children in my mid to late thirties; and proceeded to just continue growing from there. I have had some success on diets but either quit them due to too much restriction or tire of all the constant monitoring, counting of points etc.. And then, true to form gain the weight back plus more. I still feel like a skinny girl inside until I wander by a mirror and don't recognize the girl looking back at me.

The lap band journey started for me because I have 3 friends who have all been banded and have been very successful. All of them have told me it is the best thing they have ever done. And so I began my lap band journey in January with all the prerequisites from my insurance. I am scheduled for surgery on July 1. I started this journey at 222lbs (I'm 5'4") and am currently down to 209. I named this blog THE LAND OF THE LOST because I am hoping this is the promised land where I finally shed these pounds forever and because being a newbie and both banding and blogging; I am totally lost - just kinda feeling my way.

Just a few miscellaneous things - I am an excellent speller but a failed typist. Thank God for spell check - Also I think much faster than I type resulting in fragment and lost parts of sentences - I apologize in advance.

Well hold on to your hats girls- let's take this puppy for a ride I guess and see how it handles.

No comments:

Post a Comment