Tuesday, June 29, 2010

THE LAST SUPPER


Surgery is 2 days from now, so I decided to have my last supper last night; as I did not think it would be a good idea to eat a really heavy meal the night before surgery.
Last Night's cuisine consisted of fried shrimp, fried scallops, salad, and a 5 layer chocolate cake.
Yum Yum Yum. It tasted so delicious. However, immediately after supper I was so sleepy. I did not have the energy to do anything. It has been so long since I have eaten that way. I have been eating healthier since I began my dietitian visits in January. I don't remember feeling that crappy when we used to eat that way. I barely had the energy to wash the dishes.
And this morning, I still feel sluggish. I think there is a cannonball sitting in my gut. It is breakfast time here at work and I have no desire to eat at all.
I was starting to regret having chose that for my last supper -but on further consideration I think it was just the ticket. I was already starting to mourn the loss of food I was was going to have post op and my old way of eating. But after last night's meal - I'm not mourning it so much. I truly am ready to move on from that hedonistic way of eating.
So farewell crappy eating habits, and unwanted pounds and poor self esteem. Your asses are out the door, your lease is up - cause the new me is moving in.
Here's to Former Fat Chick who is having her surgery this morning - I hope everything is going well for her.
I am also very excited to say that I bought a new scale to celebrate my upcoming surgery. Her name is Lola. I plan on us being the best of friends. Lola is replacing my old dinosaur of a scale (you know that old spring kind - that you can never get properly set on zero). I actually felt kind of guilty buying it - Why is this? Why do I tend to feel guilty when I do something for myself?
Anyway, you think it was a new ride at Disneyland - everyone in my household has been weighing themselves twice daily and comparing weights and how much they weigh with their boots on or their tool belt on. Yikes! You might be a redneck... Apparently we need to get out more.
I just wanted to add a welcome and a thanks to my followers. I finally reached the double digits.

4 comments:

  1. you crack me up! i am scheduled for surgery on thursday too! :) good luck to both of us! and i WISH i was having a farewell dinner today. :( right now i am eating some cottage cheese w/protein powder....uh, yum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! i will be following your blog and learning from you. my surgery will be in oct! thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. best of luck to you!! Keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll do great tomorrow!! I'm alive and I appreciate the well wishes! Make sure you bring chapstick and something to suck on on the way home! You will have cotton mouth! Walk walk walk and your gas will be minimal! Tomorrow you'll be on the other side! Congrats and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete